Thursday so thirteen things ..hmmm... it is harder than I thought to come up with a new thirteen idea but how about being done having babies.
1. The bra's you buy don't have easy access flaps any more.
2. You get rid of all your maternity clothes and some of your regular clothes that look like maternity clothes.
3. You actually work hard to loose the "baby" weight - I gain at least 60 pounds every time I am pregnant. So it was hard to motivate myself to exercise and loose weight when the force was against me.
4. Now that you have lost the weight you realize just what pregnancy has done to your body. Things are definitely different some bigger and some smaller.
5. You enjoy knowing this is the last time I have to potty train.
6. You get to sleep again, all night with no interruptions.
7. This is your last time to make it through the terrible two's.
8. You are happy to give away your baby things to a deserving friend or family member. And you don't have that 'what if' feeling.
9. You start to realize what life is like with out a toddler or infant. no diaper bag! It has been along time for me I guess I have had an infant or toddler for the past 10 years.
10. You start thinking of more permanent forms of birth control. Sorry Honey.
11. You don't have to go in to the baby section at Walmart when you shop for groceries. I find myself passing through, old habits are hard to break.
12. You start planning things for yourself and remembering yourself. When I have very small children I live for them. I devote my life to their happiness and safety. I am an old pro now. So I have not had much time for me. But now I realize in about three years all of my children will be in school. I will have time for me again. SO I plan for the future.
13. You cherish EVERYTHING!! The last everything, it is the last baby and so you cherish the tantrums, but don't give in. You enjoy the little one that falls asleep in your lap. You try to etch the details of their little hands in to memory. You are sad, too! Truly bitter sweet.
I love having babies and will miss it terribly but my season is over. I can feel it when I pray and I know that the Lord has a plan for me and my family. I am grateful to know that my family is complete. I just miss the little ones.
But I know lots of people who are still working on their families so I can hold their babies.