Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Something funny

We have been shopping for protect gear for J the last few days. Caleb really likes it. He asks for a helmet every time we go the football store. We had been shopping for shoulder pads and trying to get the right fit. When my little Caleb walks up with protective cups (you know the ones that protect the male anatomy) on his little shoulders. This caught me by surprise and I started giggling. I leaned in to his ear and whispered what the cups were used to for. He pulled them off of his shoulder and placed one in the correct location with a questioning grin. He really brightened up that shopping trip.

More shopping adventures...
Shopping for Helmets We went to the good store. The one where they fit the helmets to your child's head. Well I guess everyone in town had the day off and was there trying to buy helmets for their child, too. We found the helmets but there were so many people and not enough fitters. I decided to go and find a couple of other items that we needed and then come back. We came back and still could not get anyone to help(frustrating). So I asked someone to call an associate to help fit a helmet for my boy and he said he would be there in just a minute. Well 15 min. pass and I am still waiting but I can see that guy is swamped with replacing face masks. I think this must only happen to me. I am always the nice lady who waits and waits my turn, just like in school. I think I am a lush because the salesmen always seemed to find everyone else who needed help but me. SO I heard a sweet guy on the other isle fitting a tiny little guy for a helmet and listened (hoping by now to figure out how to fit the helmet myself). He was so good he was whipping helmets on and off kids in two seconds flat. He finally had a minute and did my little sweetie. He was good and so I asked lots of questions and can now professionally fit a helmet for my child and any other child in the isle. By the time it was over we had spent a hour and a half in the store and most of it waiting. I guess I am just a lush, I worked retail. I know how hard it is when the store is swamped. I try to be nice but sometimes being nice stinks.

2 comments:

T * R * B said...

Caleb is so funny and you are a very nice person I hope I can be nicelike that next time but I don't know. I am going to call you in 15 min :)

Unknown said...

Fun blog. Reminds me of that LDS poster, "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" (or something like that). So keep up with the nice :-)

And if you enjoy contests about nice people, please be sure to check out the one I'm running on my blog.