Tuesday, July 31, 2007
More shopping adventures...
Shopping for Helmets We went to the good store. The one where they fit the helmets to your child's head. Well I guess everyone in town had the day off and was there trying to buy helmets for their child, too. We found the helmets but there were so many people and not enough fitters. I decided to go and find a couple of other items that we needed and then come back. We came back and still could not get anyone to help(frustrating). So I asked someone to call an associate to help fit a helmet for my boy and he said he would be there in just a minute. Well 15 min. pass and I am still waiting but I can see that guy is swamped with replacing face masks. I think this must only happen to me. I am always the nice lady who waits and waits my turn, just like in school. I think I am a lush because the salesmen always seemed to find everyone else who needed help but me. SO I heard a sweet guy on the other isle fitting a tiny little guy for a helmet and listened (hoping by now to figure out how to fit the helmet myself). He was so good he was whipping helmets on and off kids in two seconds flat. He finally had a minute and did my little sweetie. He was good and so I asked lots of questions and can now professionally fit a helmet for my child and any other child in the isle. By the time it was over we had spent a hour and a half in the store and most of it waiting. I guess I am just a lush, I worked retail. I know how hard it is when the store is swamped. I try to be nice but sometimes being nice stinks.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Yep, it is that time of year again. My oldest son has asked to play for the past few years but I made him wait till the fifth grade. I guess I made him wait till fifth grade so he would be big enough to understand, and take the rigors of football. I watched my fabulous stepson, Cody, go through what at times felt like torcher. But he survived and managed to do well. So it is very hard to send your little one out to be pounded upon. I like the drills and agility training its the Tackling that I don't care for. I love watching it on TV or at local High School games but seeing your little person out there being pounded left and right, makes me worry.
We had a pre season party and we got to meet the team. It turns out that Jake is the only one from his school on the team. But he did play two seasons with one of the boy's on a soccer team.
It was fun to be social and chat with the other parents on the team. The kids played on a giant slip n slide, Jupiter Jump and Zip line. The food was all, Yum. The team is well organized. Everyone I met was so sweet! Practices start tonight and are four nights a week. So that should keep us busy. I have to say that I am excited for the season to start.
I hope all is well at your house.
Friday, July 27, 2007
|You Are a Dreaming Soul|
Your vivid emotions and imagination takes you away from this world
So much so that you tend to live in your head most of the time
You have great dreams and ambitions that could be the envy of all...
But for you, following through with your dreams is a bit difficult
You are charming, endearing, and people tend to love you.
Forgiving and tolerant, you see the world through rose colored glasses.
Underneath it all, you have a ton of passion that you hide from others.
Always hopeful, you tend to expect positive outcomes in your life.
Souls you are most compatible with: Newborn Soul, Prophet Soul, and Traveler Soul
If you do this let me know what kind of soul you are :-)
This turned out to be pretty accurate. Unfortunately, I am a dreamer and I don't tend to follow through. I enjoy dreamin' and so what if I don't ever make a million doing it at least I am happy.
Says I am compat. with Newborn Soul, Prophet Soul, and Traveler Soul. Don't know what a newborn soul is but I absolutely LOVE newborn babies.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
1. My Kitchen Aide Mixer - I got the one with the 6 quart bowl so I can make triple batches of cookies in one bowl.
2. Electrasol Dish Tabs - I love the tab, no mess.
3. My Kirby Vacuum - my Kirby was a Christmas gift about two years ago, The best vacuum ever
4. Downy - the April Fresh Scent. It reminds me of my childhood and love how soft the towels are.
5. Bread Maker - Just handy
6. Cooking Themometer with handy oven probe.
7. Surround Sound - I put it in for my DH for Fathers Day and it really makes a difference.
8. Digital Camera- it has changed the way I take pictures, Love it.
9. Steamer - My sister gave it to me for Christmas and it is awesome. It makes it easy for me to keep every one's clothes wrinkle free and it is so fast.
10. Glade Apple Cinnamon anything - I love their candles and plug-ins. I am just an apple fresh girl.
11. Mona Vie - it is a juice, that gives you the nutrient and vitamins of 5 fruits in 1/4 cup serving. It is yummy and makes me feel energized.
12. Tins - you know like cracker tins or cookie tins. I collect them and place them in the kitchen above the cabinets. When was growing up my Nanny had old tins that she would paint and use for containers. I just love things that make me nostalgic.
13. My Mattress - It rocks. We got it a year and a half ago but I love climbing into bed every night! It is a Lady Americana King size with the Memory Foam topper. I even day dream of going to bed because of that mattress.
From my list I gather that I spent alot of time in the kitchen. You would think I'd be a better cook. ;-)
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
I've been tagged! Oooh a meme! I've been tagged by Mom not Mum with a meme originating from The Freelance Cynic and this one's about my groanings. Affectionately called:
The Moaning Meme
4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth.
Mosquito's They drive me nuts.
Wife Swap or any other reality TV
Baby bottle pop suckers - they make the biggest mess.
Tattoos-I just don't think that they are very pretty, the artwork is always amazing I just think it should be displayed on a canvas. (Sorry to all who have tattoos, my husband has one)
3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently.
Parents that are oblivious to what terrible parents they are.
Anyone who uses excuses to not reach their full potential.
Pushy people in the grocery store.
2 things you find yourself moaning about.
The summer is just to short!!
The sink never being empty.
1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself.
I am judgemental and whinny.
RULES:Link to the original meme at freelancecynic.com so people know what it's all about!
Be as honest as possible, This is about letting people get to know the real you!
Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly!
Post these rules at the end of every meme!
Today I'm tagging:
Living in Spin Cycle
Rockin' with the Burrs
I hope your having a good day!!
Saturday, July 14, 2007
1. Arrive at least 20 minutes early - So you can choose where you want to sit and have plenty of time to get everyone to use the bathroom.
2. Sit in the back row or at least as far back as you can - That way when she or he starts to complain to much you have an easy and fast way out. We sat second from the front.
3. Bring your own snacks - I don't like to break the rules and I know the sign says "no outside food or drinks" but I think this is more of a guide line than a rule. Bring your big purse and fill it with at least 5 different snacks. It saves you a ton of money and gives your little angel something to be busy with.
4. Go a head and buy a drink - it cost a bundle to, so you have to time it right. You get the drink when the movie is about half over. That way the drink can entertain for a few minutes and when empty open the lid and let em' play with the ice.
5. Flashlight - find the smallest flash light possible and let them hold it. I think the ones on key chains work great. This gives them their own little light. Hopefully good for 20 min.
6. Time it right - Pick a showing that is not nap time. My daughter is transitioning out of naps. However, she still gets tired some day and cranky so try for a time slot that is not when they would take a late nap.
7. Change - If you are going to the lobby be prepared. It is a game room at our theater and so my daughter was constantly playing on them and wanting a penny. She did not realize the machines required money and was content playing the demo. Unfortunately, she watched a couple of really cute boys playing the crane game and figured out that they need a penny or two. I like to play video game so I plopped her in my lap and we raced a few laps. This was fun until my $1.50 worth of change ran out. She complained.
8. Movie choice - try if at all possible to go to a movie that is just over an hour long so you don't have to spend a hour in the lobby with the grumpy angel.
9. Try bringing a small blanket - I didn't try this one but I think it might have helped.
The best advice is if at all possible give it a year - the other children did really well at three years old but 2 is just 2 young for my little angel.
This was the first movie I have been to in . . . . I think about 5 -6 years. It was fun to go with the kids but what an adventure.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
1. The bra's you buy don't have easy access flaps any more.
2. You get rid of all your maternity clothes and some of your regular clothes that look like maternity clothes.
3. You actually work hard to loose the "baby" weight - I gain at least 60 pounds every time I am pregnant. So it was hard to motivate myself to exercise and loose weight when the force was against me.
4. Now that you have lost the weight you realize just what pregnancy has done to your body. Things are definitely different some bigger and some smaller.
5. You enjoy knowing this is the last time I have to potty train.
6. You get to sleep again, all night with no interruptions.
7. This is your last time to make it through the terrible two's.
8. You are happy to give away your baby things to a deserving friend or family member. And you don't have that 'what if' feeling.
9. You start to realize what life is like with out a toddler or infant. no diaper bag! It has been along time for me I guess I have had an infant or toddler for the past 10 years.
10. You start thinking of more permanent forms of birth control. Sorry Honey.
11. You don't have to go in to the baby section at Walmart when you shop for groceries. I find myself passing through, old habits are hard to break.
12. You start planning things for yourself and remembering yourself. When I have very small children I live for them. I devote my life to their happiness and safety. I am an old pro now. So I have not had much time for me. But now I realize in about three years all of my children will be in school. I will have time for me again. SO I plan for the future.
13. You cherish EVERYTHING!! The last everything, it is the last baby and so you cherish the tantrums, but don't give in. You enjoy the little one that falls asleep in your lap. You try to etch the details of their little hands in to memory. You are sad, too! Truly bitter sweet.
I love having babies and will miss it terribly but my season is over. I can feel it when I pray and I know that the Lord has a plan for me and my family. I am grateful to know that my family is complete. I just miss the little ones.
But I know lots of people who are still working on their families so I can hold their babies.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Thursday, July 5, 2007
The kids lit fireworks and played the whole day. I took a pinata that we made. I have a really hard time predicting the break ability of a pinata. You want the pinata to last long enough that everyone gets a turn to hit it but not so long that you spend hours waiting for it to break. This one was OK , everyone had two turns batting until finally the rope broke through the top. Then we just dumped it.
Sorry no pictures, forgot to take the camera. :-(
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Monday, July 2, 2007
Good deal alert: I found a gallon size freezer bag of Polly Pocket stuff at a garage sale Saturday and it was only $3. My lovely daughters have been playing Polly non stop since I brought it home! I love garage sales.