Saturday, July 28, 2007

Did somebody say FOOTBALL?


Yep, it is that time of year again. My oldest son has asked to play for the past few years but I made him wait till the fifth grade. I guess I made him wait till fifth grade so he would be big enough to understand, and take the rigors of football. I watched my fabulous stepson, Cody, go through what at times felt like torcher. But he survived and managed to do well. So it is very hard to send your little one out to be pounded upon. I like the drills and agility training its the Tackling that I don't care for. I love watching it on TV or at local High School games but seeing your little person out there being pounded left and right, makes me worry.

We had a pre season party and we got to meet the team. It turns out that Jake is the only one from his school on the team. But he did play two seasons with one of the boy's on a soccer team.

It was fun to be social and chat with the other parents on the team. The kids played on a giant slip n slide, Jupiter Jump and Zip line. The food was all, Yum. The team is well organized. Everyone I met was so sweet! Practices start tonight and are four nights a week. So that should keep us busy. I have to say that I am excited for the season to start.

GO SILVER!!

I hope all is well at your house.

3 comments:

BreAnne said...

I think he will do really well. He is really growing up, and I dont think it was bad to make him wait until now to play. Good luck Inga!

Misty said...

Go Silver!! Whooooooooooooooooo!

Klin said...

Oh, I feel the same way about the tackling- unless of course it's my boy doing the tackling. When he takes them down I am so proud, but when they hurt him, I mean tackle him it's just so hard to watch.

Yay for football.