Wednesday, June 6, 2007

OK so it is...

Not going so well. The last couple of weeks we have been doing alot of family exercising. Which was great because it was so much that I did not have to add anything but sit ups and push ups. But this week my husbands work schedule has been changed around and I am struggling to keep things on a good healthy level of organization. So I have not been exercising enough to keep up with my goals. It is just so frustrating!!! I absolutely LOVE to have my kids at home with me all the time but if I don't keep a good schedule then things go crazy. I have learned this from summers past. I really hate to do it but for the sake of the family I am going to post pone my exercise schedule for a couple of weeks. I will exercise as much as I can squeeze in but no long runs or rides till things settle down. I can live with that for now.

My youngest son has an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Any changes in routine cause him to go through melt downs. Since school has been out he has had frequent melt downs. He just becomes an emotional wreck. I feel badly for him but try to get him focused on calming himself. That is my new goal for him, Self Calming Techniques. He is starting preschool in the fall everyday and I won't be their to help calm him so he has to learn how to do it himself. Which is a real trick because some days I can't help to calm his little sad spirit either. I just keep praying that his progress continues. He has come so far and I am truly grateful but we still have a bumpy road ahead.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Bravo to you for keeping it all going! That's amazing!