Montserrat tagged her readers to play along with the marriage meme. So without further ado, here are eight facts about our marriage:
1. Scot and I met on a blind date. I was going to school with a sweet girl named Shay and she was married. She and her husband thought that Scot and I would make a good match so it was double date with a blind date on the side. I did not like him at all. He was not a member of the church and spent the night drinking beer, a lot of beer. It was right in the middle of the cowboy fad. He showed up cowboyed out. He was also sporting a mullet. He kept calling and I enjoyed talking to him. Soon we were dating and the rest is history.
2. We have been married for 12 years.
3. I was 21 when we got married. He is 6 years older than I am.
4. We were married Jan 7th which is the day before Elvis's birthday. SO every year on our anniversary we watch Elvis movies. We used to have cable and could watch them on TV. We don't have cable any more so we have bought a couple of Elvis movies to enjoy on our anniversary.
5. Scot and I both were married previously. He has a wonderful son from that union.
6. We have five children Jacob 10, Ethan 8 almost 9, Mequell(Mekel)7, Caleb 5 and Makenna 2.
7. When we got married it was a last minute decision. I called around and found a preacher to marry us. I tried to get a Bishop but they were all out of town or had not registered to do marriage ceremonies.
8. We are total opposites. I am soft, sweet and quiet. He is rough, ornery and talkative. We do a good job compromising and working things out. Marriage is not easy. It requires work but if you are devoted to your spouse, and the Lord, the blessings come.
I tag my family bloggers. I also tag my side bar. If anyone else does it let me know. I love hearing how people met. So consider yourself tagged.