Since the last post many things have changed:
1. Pharmacy school - even part time is busy and tough!
2. My two youngest children are now being home schooled for a variety of difficult issues. Which leaves just one in public school.
3. Because of #2 my X has to stay with the kids a majority of the time. He has to teach them and help keep them on track with their studies. This means that I rarely get to see them. Which is the absolute worst!! It is what is needed at this point in time but I hate it!!
4. Found job for next summer when we move the kids back home. Yippee!! I will be a pharmacy intern with Walgreen's.
5. I was speaking to a leader from my church about co-parenting and he said just because we share custody and time with the kids, it does not constitute co-parenting. He is counselor by profession and he said co-parenting means that you work together to maintain a mutual parenting plan. This is true. At one point when I stayed with the kids I expected them to do things as we always had but when it was his week, he would say "That's how mom does it." When that started I knew things were headed in the wrong direction. The church leader gave me a kick in the right direction, I talk with the X and we did come up with some agreed upon rules for the house and kids. This has really helped everything go smoother. I am still going to have to work on this.
I am struggling with not being with the kids.....it is such a heartache! But the Lord is continually blessing my every footstep without His hand in my life, the burden would be too great.