Monday, October 10, 2016

JDRF walk with my Type 1 diabetic

It has been almost exactly 1 year since my Little Angel was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.  It has been a life changing experience for everyone!  But she has been amazing and inspires me daily! 

She requested that we volunteer for JDRF.  We had a great time!  It was fun for her to meet other kids with T1D and see the support offered for finding a cure.
They had several fun activities - this bubble pit was SO MUCH FUN!!  There were free snacks, face painting, a variety of booths and a couple of bouncy house.
The DJ was awesome! He let the Little Angel wear his headphones and play with is keyboard. It made her day!

It is not often that Little Angel is around someone who is a type 1 diabetic, but this experience with JDRF has uplifted her spirit in a way that I cannot describe.  I am so thankful for being able to volunteer with her and share the experience.  I am very blessed to share her journey!

No comments: