Friday, February 15, 2008

100th Post part 1

This has been hanging me up. I just need to do it so I can move forward.

1. I am 5'8 and medium build.
2. I am a mom of 5 kids ages 10,9,7,5,3.
3. I met my husband on a blind date.
4. I like most women love chocolate.
5. I am the oldest of 4 children.
6. I have one sister and 2 brothers.
7. I rode a horse once. Can't say I liked it to much.
8. I am currently reading Jane Eyre.
9. I love Scooby Doo cartoons, the old ones.
10. I broke my arm when I was about 9 years old.
11. I have never had a speeding ticket.
12. I have never had a tooth filled. (I do need one now.)
13. I have 2 chocolate labs, Bo and Shelby.
14. I have been to Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Florida, Colorado, and Utah.
15. My husband and I got married in a tiny chapel in town. I was totally bummed. I wanted something nicer. Still a little bitter about that one.
16. My favorite color is Navy but I really love yellow, too.
17. I love decorating cakes.
18. I am totally not crafty. I am not good at picking out colors or themes. I just was not blessed with a good eye.
19. I really love to bake. My oven just really stinks right now. We need a new one.
20. I love romantic movies. A couple of favorites are "While you were sleeping", "A walk in the clouds", "Bed of roses" and lots more.
21. I also really love 50's movies - Beach Blanket Bingo, Elvis, Doris Day and Rock Hudson.
22. I am also a step mom. A job that has many more joy's than I could have ever dreamed.
23. I was a lousy high school student. But I am good college student.
24. I have always been good at science and math.
25. I have always struggled with reading. I love to read, I'm just really slow.
26. I have one son with an autism spectrum disorder. Learning about his disorder has taught me about myself and why I as a child reacted to things the way I did.
27. I would love to visit Europe. It would be amazing to walk in areas of the world with so much history.
28. I am girly. I love getting dressed up and feeling pretty.
29. I really enjoy blogging.
30. I am not quickly angered. I am really mellow and laid back. I try to be forgiving in most instances.


Sorry I could not come up with 100 all at once so I will post this now and more later.

6 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Yay, cool facts about you! I love chocolate too. I am the oldest of 4. I've had three speeding tickets. I love to bake. I was a lousy high school student, but a pretty good college student. I suck at science and math, but I love to read.

What disorder does your son have? My youngest as SPD.

wild murdocks said...

You'll have to finish your list! I loved learning a little more about you! Hope you are slowly savoring Jane Eyre, while eating chocolate, but that it isn't hurting your sore tooth!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Great top 30 of your 100. I look forward to the rest. If you make it over to England before August I'll give you a place to stay. LOL

Elizabeth said...

31. I was Mamita's camp counselor.

Loved reading this and looking forward to the encore.

*Merry Girls* said...

Holly - My little guy could possibly have Aspergers but he is still to young to confirm so they say he has a spectrum disorder.

Wild - my tooth doesn't hurt it just is a hole. Weird, huh.

Mum - If I make it to England, I would love to stay with you.

Mamita - Good times!

Misty said...

What a fun list. Can't wait for a little more!