I've been tagged. Holly at 2 kids and tired, tagged me. Check out her site, as she's an incredibly cool mom. I've never been tagged several times before, but it seems like fun, so here goes. I'm supposed to share some facts about me: some random, some weird ... all devastatingly interesting.
1. I am socially uncomfortable. I spend most of my social time just on the edge of the social cirles. I love to be around people and hear the conversations. I am just painfully awkward unless I know a few of the people there very well.
2. I am husband is a deer hunter. Yes, every October he spends every weekend in the woods trying to kill the "monster" buck. The one thing wrong with that is the big ones taste so gamey, Yuck!!
3. I am a baker! I love to bake anything but especially cheese cake. My kids compare everyone elses cookies and cakes to mine, I love it. If we go to a family reunion or a church event the my kids all ask which one I brought so they can eat it. I am not fabulous but can hold my own.
4. I love romantic movies, the sappier the better. I really like old movies. Anything from the 40's, 50's and early 60's. I like Doris Day, Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, Judy Garland, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers to name a few.
5. My dad has Parkinson's Disease, I know that is not about me but it is shaping me. It is hard to watch someone you love suffer and loose mobility. Just a few years ago he was a master carpenter, active grandpa and friend to anyone needing help. Now he is all of those things in a body that limits him. His mind has not left and is as brilliant as ever but his hands tremble and voice is quieter. It is heart breaking to realize that it only gets worse from here....
I'm tagging the following:
Dizzy Dias Days
Mom not Mum
living in spin cycle
The rules are:
1. Link to my tagger and post these rules,
2. Facts about me: some random, some weird ... all devastatingly interesting.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of my post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.