Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Now it is time to rethink the whole schedule!!

Well this semester has been difficult to say the least. It feels like I am juggling more than ever but only getting mediocrity. So, in the last two weeks I have had test in both lecture classes and lab classes. The results where only average I got a A, a B and 2 C's. That is just unacceptable!! Well the A of course is OK but I am at least a straight B student. My major problem is lack of study time. Since I have had the baby my ability to stay up and study at night is gone. I just cannot keep my eyes open. I will be reading and the next thing I know my head is bobbing. Ugg, it is so frustrating. And because school starts so early for the little angel, we all have to get up earlier. So there is no extra time in the morning. Plus if I get up and out of the bed and the little guy wakes up and sees me out of bed, he is awake. So the dilemma is when to study. The days are full of classes for me and the kids. The evenings just fly by. I hate to have to leave the house any more than I have to. I really need to get a part time job but my schedule is pretty full.

The solution- I have started making the kids go to bed at 8:30. They do not have to go to sleep but they do have to read for a little bit. Then they can play quietly till lights out. This helps me start home work earlier. So far it is great!! But I will continue to modify our schedule until it is functional, productive and supportive of a happy house hold.

No comments: