Monday, December 17, 2007

Icy weather!









This past week my family and I have survived an ice storm. The ice coated the tree limbs so badly that even the largest trees were loosing branches left and right. We lost electricity for about 5 days. We survived by the heat of our fire place and candle light. It was certainly an adventure but all in all. It was fun. We played games and read books. We spent some time with family. We finally went and bought a generator which ran the heater and lights. I have to admit, I did miss the heater but what I really missed was light. The days were cloudy and the nights were coal black. We had lots of candles and lanterns but the darkness still loomed in the room.

4 comments:

Misty said...

When I lived in Maine, about 10 years ago, I experienced the same thing...... BUT, we never lost power, not that I can re-call. You are AMAZING to have made it work for you and your family!! Glad you are safe, sound, and well.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Wow. It's beautiful, but I realize it's dangerous too. I've never experience an ice storm or power loss for that long. I'm glad you're all safe and sound. Merry Christmas!

wild murdocks said...

What great pictures! Love the one of the limb with the icy leaves! And what an adventure! Times like those really make you appreciate things more. Glad you have heat and light again, have a Merry Christmas!

Jen said...

Just when we think it would be nice to move 'home' a nasty ice storm has to remind us how cold it can get there!! 5 days is too long w/out heat & light, glad you guys got a generator to help out. Now, keep that weather away for our XMAS visit. I agree with misty, you are amazing! I couldn't have done it.