Monday, December 17, 2007
This past week my family and I have survived an ice storm. The ice coated the tree limbs so badly that even the largest trees were loosing branches left and right. We lost electricity for about 5 days. We survived by the heat of our fire place and candle light. It was certainly an adventure but all in all. It was fun. We played games and read books. We spent some time with family. We finally went and bought a generator which ran the heater and lights. I have to admit, I did miss the heater but what I really missed was light. The days were cloudy and the nights were coal black. We had lots of candles and lanterns but the darkness still loomed in the room.